Institutions of the Studierendenwerk Vorderpfalz (Association for Student Affairs of the Anterior Palatinate)
The Studierendenwerk Vorderpfalz is a public-law institution with legal responsibility and consists of the following institutions: Managing director and administrative board. The managing director represents the Studierendenwerk externally and is responsible for day-to-day business.
The administrative board advises and supervises the managing director. The administrative board decides on all fundamental matters insofar as responsiblity is not conferred to the managing director. Among other things, it also decides on the budget and appropriation of annual results. In addition, the administrative board is responsible for the extension and restriction of tasks of the Studierendenwerk, assumption of loans, purchase or sale of property, determination of student fees and foundation of companies.
The administrative board consists of three professors or academic employees, four students and one public figure. Furthermore, one chancellor is nominated by the presidents of the respective universities and is therefore a member of the administrative board. The chairman of the staff council attends the meetings in an advisory capacity. The term of office for professors, the chancellor and public figures is three years and one year for student
Members of the administrative board (issued on 01 Feb 2017 / 18th term of office):
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. phil. habil. Jendrik Petersen, Chairman, University of Koblenz and Landau, Campus Landau, Faculty 5, Educational Science, Department: industrial education / human resources development
- Dennis Kniel, University of Worms, student member
- Arnim Bogatzki, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Faculty of Translation Studies, Linguistics and Cultural Studies, Germersheim, student member
- N.N., University of Applied Sciences Ludwigshafen on the Rhine, student member (not elected yet)
- Carolin Nöhrbaß, University of Applied Sciences Ludwigshafen on the Rhine, chancellor
- Dr. phil. Doris Kinne, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Fachbereich Translations- Sprach- und Kulturwissenschaft, Germersheim, Dekanat: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit, Studium & Lehre
- Sebastian Droste, University of Koblenz and Landau, Campus Landau, student member
- Prof. Dr. Herbert Thielen, University of Worms, Department of Computer Science
- Christine Fischer, Studierendenwerk Vorderpfalz, Chairwoman of the staff council, with advisory capacity
- Anke Simon, MDL, Ludwigshafen Public figure, vice-chairwoman